Monday, April 19, 2010

Halle's 9th Birthday!

Halle couldn't wait for her birthday this year. Somehow I got ahead of myself and wrote "Halle's 10th Birthday" on our calendar. I don't know what I was thinking but I am happy to say she is only nine. Early Saturday morning, she walked into my room and asked if she could open her presents. Everyone except Halle was asleep so I sent her to the office to look on the computer. We had set up an e-mail account for her which she discovered and it already had 17 messages from family wishing her a happy birthday! That was definitely a highlight of her day. Thank you everyone for the birthday wishes and nice things you said to her - she loved it.
She couldn't wait to open her presents.
I love how all of the kids get so excited when it's someone's birthday.
Halle and her styling sunglasses.
Kate and Jack are always willing to help open a present
This is Halle opening presents in the car for her birthday party. She isn't excited or anything!
Halle invited four friends to come and get their hair, nails and makeup done. This is their before picture.
Here is Halle's before picture.
She's hoping it turns out cute....
Here's her hair from the back. All of the girls kept saying, "I wish my mom could do my hair like this."
They all got their nails done.
Here is their after picture. Aren't they cute?
Instead of cake and ice cream, we took the girls to Jamba Juice. All of the workers sang Happy Birthday to Halle and decorated her cup with stickers. It doesn't take much to make a nine year old happy.
This is Halle with her good friend Brynli. It was a nice group of girls and they had a great time. That night Harmon and I took Halle and Lacey to Tepanyaki for their birthday dinner. Halle had such a nice day and definitely felt celebrated. We love you Halle!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

I love the "excited" picture of Halle. It looks like Halle had such a good day. So much fun and such beautiful girls. Happy Birthday again, Halle!