Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy 4th Birthday Jack!

For months, I have been trying to talk Jack out of turning 4.  He is at the greatest age.  I would like to bottle him and stick him on a shelf.  He brings such joy to our family and is most definitely my favorite little boy.  He will come up and ask me, "Mom, can I turn four?"  I'll sit and think about it.  Then he will always say, "I promise I will still give you lots of hugs and kisses when I turn four."  Then he offers me his little finger and says, "Pinky promise."  How can I resist?  I love, love, love that kid.  Now if I can just get him to stay four...
We started the day off with Jack's choice of breakfast - Special French Toast.  You can't sing and blow out candles too many times for a four year old.
Jack's best buddy, Chance, brought Jack a cool farm puzzle for his birthday.
I took Jack, Chance and Kate to Chuck E. Cheese (Jack pronounces it Chucky Jesus).  They went on this monster truck about 20 times.  The best part of the day is that they didn't know what the tickets were for.  They were so thrilled just to get them and stick them in their pockets.  I just didn't have the heart (or the desire to torture myself) by standing in line to redeem their tickets!
Jack at 4 pieces of pizza in honor of his 4th birthday. I swear that kid has a hollow leg!
That night we all went swimming at the rec center and came back for cake and ice cream.  Jack loved his cake.

No comments: